|View Business Info||| Share:|
Center For Siouxland
The Credit/Housing Counselor is responsible for providing one-on-one counseling sessions to clients consistent with the organization’s vision and in compliance with regulatory/funding requirements. Ensures counseling service quality by adhering to agency policies and departmental procedures, managing related data collection and reporting and fostering continuous improvement.
To fulfill these roles the counselor must have good interpersonal skills, possess a working knowledge of finances/credit, be an effective problem-solver and be able to convey suggestions/ideas in a constructive, nonjudgmental manner.
- Knowledge of credit reporting, financial products, lending products and mortgages preferred.
- Basic proficiency with calculator, keyboard, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with computer appointment systems, data entry and business writing.
- Ability to work on projects independently with strong personal organization.
- Ability to relate to others in a warm and non-judging manner (in person and over the telephone).
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Display the ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, creditors, board members and community members.
- Exhibit professional conduct, appearance and attitude.
- Be detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a high-pressure work environment.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, clients, customers and the general public. Ability to communicate effectively, respond with empathy to staff, clients and creditors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interview the clients assigned, gathering factual information and evaluating financial and other appropriate data.
- Counsel and provide educational materials to clients regarding budgeting, credit and money management.
- Provide all clients with an action plan detailing the recommended course of action to resolve their financial situation.
- Assists clients in developing a budget and setting financial goals.
- Explains credit report ratings and protections laws to clients and provides answers to clients’ questions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and/or 2 years related work experience in Social Work or Human Services.
If interested send your resume and cover letter to Executive Director, Jonette Spurlock at email@example.com
Center For Siouxland is an equal opportunity employer
|Business Name:||Center For Siouxland|
|Contact:||Executive Director, Jonette Spurlock|
|Street:||715 Douglas Street|
|City/State/Zip:||Sioux City, IA 51101-1021|
|Local Phone:||(712) 252-1861|