|View Business Info||| Share:|
Wells Enterprises Inc
General Manager, Wells Visitor Center & Ice Cream Parlor
Wells Enterprises has an exciting opening for a General Manager of the Visitor Center & Ice Cream Parlor. The General Manager will direct and have responsibility for all operational aspects of the Visitor Center & Ice Cream Parlor. They will develop and execute a tourism strategy for the Visitor Center to make it leading tourism destination in the region.
- Provides staff leadership and direction, leads superior customer service, ensures excellence in all guest experiences (tourism attractions, traffic flow, party room reservations, etc.) and all administrative tasks associated with opening, running and closing the Visitor Center daily.
- Leads strategic planning, recommendations, and execution of all aspects related to increasing traffic flow through the Visitor Center by establishing it as a leading tourist destination in the region. Actively markets the Visitor Center; securing a critical role and voice in local, regional and state-level tourism boards.
- Develops programs and events to attract new visitors, and ensures staff are properly trained to support the destination vision.
- Markets Visitor Center to local community partners with chamber and other organizations, oversees all aspects of event management, acts as spokesperson for the parlor and coordinates with brand and corporate communications to develop and execute brand initiatives and ensure messaging is consistent and on-brand in all aspects.
- Leads all aspects of staffing including training, planning, scheduling, hiring, coaching with feedback and overall people leadership.
- Responsible to deliver top and bottom-line financial targets for the parlor, manage P&L, inventory, labor and other expenses while maximizing revenue.
- Ensures Parlor Gift Shop is run with excellence, including developing apparel/promotional materials, ordering, managing inventory, merchandising and customer service.
- Supports procurement of branded apparel and promotional items across the entire organization, including driving overall ordering process and vendor management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Hospitality, or related field.
- 3+ years of restaurant or retail store management
- 3+ years of experience in tourism industry, event planning, and coordination, strongly preferred
- Understanding and improving key performance indicators relating to sales and expenses, brand building, tourism, HR policies and procedures, food safety and quality
- Strong communication with team members and guests, interpersonal skills, sense of urgency, problem solving utilizing analysis, networking, experience and strong judgement, people leadership, sourcing, negotiating, administrative duties, scheduling
- Hold guests as highest priority, be a role model for exceptional customer service, confront tough issues and resolve disagreements constructively, solicit guest feedback, meet service time standards, maintain financial control
Wells Enterprises is an EEO/AA employer M/F/Vet/Dis
|Business Name:||Wells Enterprises Inc|
|Street:||# 1 Blue Bunny Dr|
|City/State/Zip:||Le Mars, IA 51031-1310|
|Local Phone:||(712) 524-5989|