|View Business Info||| Share:|
Legal Administrative Assistant
Under the supervision of the Chief of Police, provide a wide variety of clerical services and administrative support to Patrol Officers, The Chief of Police, citizens, and other City staff as well as providing guidance for other law enforcement agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned as needed. This position is designated for 40 hours per week.
- Performs general and complex clerical duties associated with normal front desk operations.
- Answer telephones, conveys messages, handles outgoing/incoming mail, including UA/Blood samples, schedule fingerprints appointments, etc.
- Writes, types, or enters information into computer to prepare correspondence, case-reports, and/or other documents.
- Submits computed bi-weekly timesheets to City Hall for payroll processing, i.e., inclusion of Sick Leave, Vacation, etc.
- Receives money from customers and prepares funds for delivery to the City Finance Officer at NSC City Hall, i.e., City dog license/tags, paper services, insurance requests, etc.
- Processes case-files for final approval and signatures, and prepares Felony/M1 files for the Union County State’s Attorney’s Office.
- Prepare monthly statistics reports such as the NSCPD Monthly Police Report, Monthly Statistics Sheet, and the Traffic Safety Statistics (Alcohol, Drugs, and-or Traffic) Report.
- Check for Notarization of signature, entry of citation within the report-writing system, and recorded on the Monthly Citation Report.
- Must be able to use the State Telex System. Training through the State of SD on the Omnixx System is required prior to approval for use. Retrieve daily messages, run needed DL information, run Criminal History (III). (III information is recorded and listing kept at the NSCPD.)
- Register incoming sex offenders and follow-up monthly with sex offenders required to register within a particular month. Complete walk-in registrations for changes to sex offender information, and follows-up with the State of South Dakota
- Enters Felony/M1 case-file information into the State of SD Riss System.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office based applications including Word, Excel, and Publisher.
- Graduation from High School or GED program, college degree in related field preferred. One year of responsible work experience in an office setting or other public contact or public service work.
- Regular standing, walking, and sitting will be required. The ability to lift or push objects weighing up to 20 lbs. Stooping, kneeling, crouching, and repetitive motions are required. Use of fingers, arms, and legs required. Ability to see at a distance of 20” or less and hear within normal limits with or without corrective assistance.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of modern policies and practices. The ability to assist citizens and other City employees
- The ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain records and reports both written and digital.
- Requires effective communication skills and the ability to communicate to citizens and other City employees verbally and through written form. Must be able to speak clearly, distinctly, and effectively. Must read in English and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Work is normally performed in a normal inside office environment with appropriate heating and cooling and is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards other than those normally associated with general public contact.
- Must be able to pass a standard background check.
|Business Name:||City of North Sioux City|
|City/State/Zip:||North Sioux City, South Dakota 57049|
|Local Phone:||(605) 232-4276|