|View Business Info||| Share:|
Universal Banker I
Summary: The Universal Banker will work directly with retail banking clientele to promote financial products and services, process account transactions and develop and expand customer relationships through outstanding, personalized service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
Business and Relationship Building
- Serves as an ambassador for the bank and promotes the bank’s products/services in a positive and constructive manner.
- Prepares and compiles new customer application and information to open new banking deposit accounts and IRAs.
- Generates strategies to drive deposit growth and referrals to other lines of business in accordance with bank goals.
- Evaluates needs of potential retail customers and offers appropriate financial products and services. Promotes and cross-sells other banking, mortgage, and wealth management products and services as appropriate to customer requirements.
- Keeps clients informed of status or enhancements to account, and works to resolve any account issues.
- Responds in a timely, professional, and confidential manner to client account inquiries and questions.
- Orders debit cards, checks and provides online and mobile banking support for customers as needed.
- Proactively addresses account risk management issues and monitors negative account activity.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amounts, examines checks for endorsements and places holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Ensures compliance to governing regulations and bank policies and procedures (written, oral and/or prudent).
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Supports Operations Manager and Bank Manager with operational issues as needed.
- Acquires NMLS registration
- Balances currency, coin and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
- Removes deposits from, and counts and balances cash in, automated teller machines, night depository and Interactive Teller Machines (ITMs).
- Supports and promotes ITMs by engaging customers to use technology.
- Responsible for compliant account opening process for deposit accounts, including complete client on-boarding experience.
- Provides ongoing service to current customers to build goodwill and gain additional business.
- Participates in bank sales planning tactics to drive new business and retain existing relationships.
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; plus six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education, experience, and sales ability.
Certificates and Licenses:
Individual will need to register with the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://www.1934.bank/careers/
|Business Name:||First American Bank - Sioux City|
|Street:||1380 Hamilton Blvd.|
|City/State/Zip:||Sioux City, IA 51103|