|View Business Info||| Share:|
Are you a Systems Developer who finds joy in their profession, so much so, that you find yourself programming in your spare time?
Do you seek an environment that allows you the autonomy to be creative, yet fosters collaboration?
Do you want to work for an industry leader who financially supports your pursuit of professional education and certification?
We are seeking a Systems Developer to work in our corporate office in South Sioux City, Nebraska. You will work as part of an Agile development team to translate business needs into well-designed software solutions. You will design, build, and maintain IT solutions within project scope, budget, and deadlines. The atmosphere is dynamic, with changing priorities that reflect the changing needs of the business. You will find yourself challenged to stay current with mainstream technologies, explore new and emerging technologies, and learn and apply legacy technologies. The key responsibilities of this position currently focus on Java based programming and web services development.
Our top performing System Developers are self-motivated individuals who are excited about emerging technology. Naturally curious, they dig deep to solve problems and seek out opportunities to learn and develop as an IT professional. They are able to tackle projects and work independently, yet have a strong desire and ability to work collaboratively with members of their team. They look forward to sharing their progress, receiving feedback, and generating ideas during daily SCRUM meetings. Above all, they value being part of a stable company and seek career advancement through hard-work, continuing education, and loyalty versus quick career changes.
Successful candidates will have:
- A bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- 2 -- 6 years' experience as a systems developer, software engineer, business analyst, or web programmer preferred. Open to new college graduates who have completed an internship in the field.
- Experience with: .NET, Docker or Kubernetes Containerization, or DB2 is a plus.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- A 37.5 hour work week.
- A formal Management Development Program.
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Paid vacation and paid sick leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
This position qualifies for relocation assistance. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company
|Business Name:||Great West Casualty Co|
|Street:||1100 W 29th St|
|City/State/Zip:||South Sioux City, NE 68776-0277|
|Local Phone:||(402) 494-2411|