|View Business Info||| Share:|
Can you think quickly on your feet? Do you portray confidence in your decision making? Are you ready to kick-start your career with the potential for future advancement?
As an entry-level Underwriter, you will write a profitable, quality book of business specializing in non-trucking use physical damage. With underwriting goals, growth, and premium objectives in mind, you will select and monitor risk while maintaining quality business relationships. As part of building a continued business relationship, you will answer questions, advise, and consult with agents and insureds regarding policy coverage, driver problems, and other related issues. The work hours will be Monday -- Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. to service agencies coast to coast. In-person agency visits within your book of business will happen occasionally, but will make up less than 10 percent of your time.
Successful candidates will have:
- A bachelor's degree or higher.
- Prior experience in a position building relationships or customer service.
- Experience in insurance is desirable, but not required.
- A professional demeanor and exceptional written and phone communication skills.
- The ability to independently make decisions within a given set of parameters.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- A 37.5 hour work week.
- A formal Management Development Program.
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Paid vacation and paid sick leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidy.
This position qualifies for relocation assistance. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com
Great West Casualty Company
|Business Name:||Great West Casualty Co|
|Street:||1100 W 29th St|
|City/State/Zip:||South Sioux City, NE 68776-0277|
|Local Phone:||(402) 494-2411|