|View Business Info||| Share:|
Manager, Legal - Corporate Counsel
Do you describe yourself as a lawyer who:
- Has a deep knowledge of business operations and relevant legal issues, corporate governance, and current knowledge, or the willingness to learn, the intricate landscape of property and casualty insurance?
- Possesses the savvy to successfully navigate corporate politics and be seen as a trusted advisor?
- Enjoys training and developing both your team and those in departments that you support?
We are seeking a Manager, Legal -- Corporate Counsel who is up to the challenge of overseeing multiple-jurisdiction issues unique to the insurance industry. While reporting directly to the Secretary and General Counsel, you will manage a department of 12 that includes attorneys in the role of deputy general counsel as well as legal assistants. In addition, you will serve as a risk management liaison between Old Republic International and Great West. As this position will support all Great West and Joe Morten and Son, Inc. offices throughout the United States, occasional travel (5% - 10%) will be required.
Using a consultative approach, you will provide guidance on issues such as bad-faith claims, contracts, safety compliance, policy cancellations and non-renewal activities, underwriting, bond claims, agency agreements, and employee issues among other corporate legal matters. The ability to make sound decisions that support business objectives and the courage to defend your decision, even when unpopular, is of the utmost importance. This person will champion the ethics and values of Great West.
The ideal candidate will have a background that includes:
- An active member of the bar association in at least one state.
- 10 years' experience in private practice or in-house counsel. A combination of experience as in-house and private counsel is preferred.
- 5 years' experience in a leadership position preferred.
- Previous experience in the insurance industry or insurance defense is a plus, but not required.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- A 37.5 hour work week.
- A formal Management Development Program.
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Paid vacation and paid sick leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
This position qualifies for relocation assistance. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company
|Business Name:||Great West Casualty Co|
|Street:||1100 W 29th St|
|City/State/Zip:||South Sioux City, NE 68776-0277|
|Local Phone:||(402) 494-2411|